Give BOSH! a Shout
Your email has been sent
Super Spring Risotto
Our mate Alex from allplants came into the kitchen yesterday to rustle up their incredible new dish, the Super Spring Risotto.
Honestly, it was absolutely delightful, really fresh, creamy & full of flavour. You definitely should make this one at home for you & your family... or your mates... or if you want lunch for 4 days! The choice is yours!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1 cup arborio / risotto rice
- 1 cup white wine
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 20 asparagus stalks (chopped into discs)
- 2 cups of green beans (chopped)
- 4 cups garden peas
- handful mint (finely chopped)
- handful sage (finely chopped)
- handful parsley (finely chopped)
- 20 asparagus spears (lightly roasted)
- handful roasted hazelnuts
- Salt to taste (2 tsps should be ok)
Warm some olive oil in a pan, add the onions & cook them until they’re translucent.
Add the garlic, dairy free butter & fry until you release the aroma of the garlic.
Add the rice, & stir it round so it’s all well covered in the juices of the other ingredients.
Add the wine, lemon juice & stir it until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Pour in a cup of stock & stir until it’s all been absorbed - repeat this process until all the stock has been used - it will take a long time but trust us, it will be well worth it!
Add the asparagus, beans, peas & stir into the risotto rice for around 4 minutes (or until the vegetables have softened to your liking - if the rice is drying out, add a bit of water.
Add the herbs, stir them in, add the asparagus spears, hazelnuts, salt & stir them in too.
Serve immediately & garnish with roasted hazelnuts. BOSH!