Give BOSH! a Shout
Your email has been sent
Fully Loaded Potato Nachos
Are you looking to make some healthy nachos?
Then you will LOVE the Fully loaded BOSH! Potato nachos.
This homemade nachos recipe gives you everything you get with tortilla chips, but healthy nachos instead! A great vegan sharing food idea, or maybe something to rustle up for some veggie finger food.
- 8 potatoes (cut into thin slices - we used 3 baking trays)
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- 2 tsp garlic powder*
- 2 tsp onion powder*
- 2 tsp paprika*
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper*
- pinch salt*
- Between 3 & 5 tbsp olive oil*
- *Per tray
- 1 tin black beans (well drained)
- 1 small red onion (very finely chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (very finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup jalapeños (more or less depending on how spicy you like your food)
- 3/4 cup dairy-free cheddar (grated)
- 3/4 cup dairy-free pizza cheese (grated)
- Seitan steak (cut into strips)
Guacamole, to serve
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1/4 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil (good quality)
- Small bunch cilantro (stalks removed)
- Oiled baking tray (x3)
- Lasagne dish
- Tin foil
Oil your baking trays and lay out the potato slices.
Cover the potato slices in the spices.
Bake the potatoes at 180℃ (350℉) for 25 minutes (or until they’re crispy - the cooking time will depend on how finely you sliced the potatoes, so keep an eye on them!
Take the potatoes out of the oven, let them cool down a bit and then line the bottom of a lasagne dish with them.
Layer all the fillings then add another layer of potato nachos and repeat the process until you have no more filling ingredients or potato nachos left (finish on a layer of the dairy-free cheeses mixed together)
Cover the lasagne dish in tin foil and bake the nachos for 25 minutes at 180℃ (350℉). The tin foil will make the dairy-free cheese nice & melty.
Serve with a big dollop of guacamole.