Give BOSH! a Shout
Your email has been sent
Quick and Easy Moroccan Couscous
Like this? Get the BOSH! cookbook!
This delicious couscous is healthy and ridiculously easy to make. Use it as meal prep for the week (it stores really well in tupperwares) or have it as an amazing side dish!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red pepper (small chunks)
- 1/2 red onion (small chunks)
- 1 small courgette (small chunks)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried couscous
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1.25 cups of boiling water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup of fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Scatter the red pepper, red onion and courgette on a baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt. Bake for 20 minutes at 180℃
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper, grated garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with the boiling water. Pour over the dried cous cous and raisins (in a large mixing bowl). Cover with clingfilm and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Once soaked and cooled slightly, fluff up the grains with a fork.
Add the chickpeas, grated carrot and fresh herbs (reserving some herbs for garnish) and give everything a good stir.
Scatter over the almonds, pomegranate, remaining herbs and serve.