Give BOSH! a Shout
Your email has been sent
Quick and Easy Moroccan Couscous
We’re such fans of this Moroccan staple that we could easily start a two-man appreciation society for couscous. We’d call it “Club Couscous” (please PM us for details).
There’s just so much to love about it: healthy, easy and hearty. We’re smitten. It also stores really well, so a bit for a mid-week vegan lunch superstar.
An absolutely brilliant choice for a speedy vegan lunch!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red pepper (small chunks)
- 1/2 red onion (small chunks)
- 1 small courgette (small chunks)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried couscous
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1.25 cups of boiling water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup of fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Baking tray
- Small bowl
- Cling film
Scatter the red pepper, red onion and courgette on a baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt. Bake for 20 minutes at 180℃.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper, grated garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with the boiling water. Pour over the dried couscous and raisins (in a large mixing bowl). Cover with clingfilm and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Once soaked and cooled slightly, fluff up the grains with a fork.
Add the chickpeas, grated carrot and fresh herbs (reserving some herbs for garnish) and give everything a good stir.
Scatter over the almonds, pomegranate, remaining herbs and serve.