Give BOSH! a Shout
Your email has been sent
Quick N' Easy Pad Thai
This Pad Thai is super simple, super healthy & super delicious.
It'll feed four hungry people and leave them with big smiles.
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 inches of ginger (chopped into matchsticks)
- 2 cups of firm tofu (pressed & cut into 1cm cubes)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (brown sugar would do)
- 2 carrots (finely diced)
- 8 baby corn (chopped into quarters)
- 1 red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 cup mangetout
- 2 red chillies (deseeded & finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/3 cup green onions (finely sliced)
- 1 packet rice noodles (cooked according to back of pack)
Heat the oil, then add the ginger & garlic and stir for about a minute (don't let the garlic brown).
Add the tofu cubes to the pan and cook for a few minutes, until they start to darken on the outside.
Add the smooth peanut butter & stir so it’s all mixed in nicely, then add the soy sauce, Sriracha and water.
Stir and cook down until you have a nice thick paste coating the tofu. Add the coconut sugar stir until it’s dissolved and mixed in thoroughly
Add the vegetables and mix round so they’re all well covered in the sauce (don’t let them get too soft - the veg will ideally have a lovely crunch to them)
Add the crushed nuts, green onions & stir round. Then, add the freshly cooked rice noodles (they should be fresh out the pan & still very much wet - this makes the sauce the perfect consistency)
Mix them round so they’re well covered in sauce. Serve immediately with a dressing of Sriracha, crushed peanuts & green onions